Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Removing Temptation

To continue my journey of the shopping fast, I have decided to remove temptation, to make it a little easier on myself.  For starters, I have removed myself from all the email lists of all of my favorite stores. I’m sure true shopaholics can relate to opening your email and receiving special promotions or information before the general public just because you are on their email listings. And then these emails that they send you not only have great deals, but also have the link of their website so you can start shopping right then and there. So they had to go. In tribute to losing great promotions, I have decided to give an ode to my sweetest temptations of stores. These are my top five...

5. Bebe – Bebe is a store for when I want to stand out. Their line of fashion is high fashion and somewhat risky, but that’s what I love most about it. This store reminds me of a quote that was retweeted on twitter. It said “Don’t be afraid to push the envelope. People may stare, but deep inside they just wish they had the nerve.” -Unknown

4. Express – I love this store because it’s built for the everyday fashionista. Not only does it offer casual clothing and the most comfortable sweaters ever, but it also has those office appropriate suits that don’t make me look frumpy. Express is one of those few day to night stores, meaning whether I’m going to the office, or out to a club, it is my one stop shop for every occasion. Sidenote: Their winter and spring clearance sales are AMAZING!!!

3. Victoria Secret – This is the best secret in the world! J They have the greatest undergarments ever. I love how they combine cuteness and quality in every product that they make. And they are so much more than just bras and panties. Their online store has clothing and shoes that are just to die for. And don’t even get me started on their fragrances and make-up. Most of my best night on the town make-up is from their line. Another one stop shop that quenches my sexiness appetite.

2. Arden B- All I can say is that if you don’t know about Arden B, you better ask somebody. LOL! My concern is that since I’m transitioning from my 20s to 30s, it’s been extremely hard for me to find clothes that don’t make me look like a teenager, but at the same time, don’t make me look like a granny. And Arden B does just that. I like to call it the premiere transition store. It gives you sophistication with a splash of sexiness. And if you catch one of their clearance sales where they are offering an extra 50% off it feels as if you had hit the jack pot. Trust me…
                          
                               And last but certainly not least… 


1. DSW Shoes- This is my little slice of heaven. Shoes, shoes, and more shoes!! Everything from tennis shoes to stilettos. Not to mention they also sell some of the cutest designer handbags that you could possibility find. I honestly go in DSW and loose a couple of hours of my life just lost in all of the shoe glory. This is the one that would be the hardest to say goodbye to, but I must stay on the path for the greater good.

These stores all have a special place in my heart, and maybe one day, we will meet again. But today, our relationship must come to an end. For now…


No comments:

Leave your two cents...