Saturday, April 13, 2013

American Red Cross Gala: Wrapped in Red

I'm such a girlie girl! Nothing makes me happier than getting all dressed up for a night on the town. So when my friend Kristina invited my husband and I to the Wrapped in Red: American Red Cross Gala, my mind started wondering with all the possibilities.
There was just one hiccup in my master plan. The invitation stated that red attire was highly encouraged, and red is not my color. I just feel like I look as if I'm trying too hard. I didn't want to be the odd one out and not go within the theme, so I had to become creative.
I decided to do a long black dress and then make all of my accessories red. That way the accessories are the focus point and I'm still "wrapped in red" with my jewelry. The best part is that I found a form fitting long dress with a sheer bottom at Dillards.com for $40.69 with shipping and handling. My shoes are from DSW.com for $35.00 with free shipping. (gotta love that). The red clutch was from TJ Maxx for $16.99. And the statement necklace and earrings are from a custom made jewelry store in Louisville, KY called Koi Gallery. The necklace is called Gypsy Rose. She allowed me to model the necklace and earrings for the evening.

So for an head to toe evening look, I spent $92.68. I love bargain shopping!

Until Next Time,
B

No comments:

Leave your two cents...