Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shop Your Closet: Return of the Jedi

I was awakened from a pleasant dream by my husband's excitement. He woke me up like a child does his parents on Christmas morning. "Look outside!" He kept repeating over and over again. Slowly, I get out of bed and go to the window in hopes of seeing a mermaid riding a unicorn or something on that level of coolness. What I found was even better...fog. And tons of it! It was so thick that you could only see about ten feet in front of you. I looked at my husband and with saying a word we both had the same thought....Impromptu Photo Shoot!!
My husband is a huge Star Wars fan. He came up with the idea of me wearing my Red Riding hood
costume from last Halloween and taking some pictures outside. And like most hardcore Star War fans, he has a collection of replica lightsabers to complete the look. Since sunrise was upon us, I had approximately ten minutes to get into my costume, fix my hair and makeup, and be Jedi ready. Instead of wearing the shorts and fishnets I wore on Halloween, I just used some black leggings and tall flat boots. It was the fastest that I ever got ready for the photo shoot. We walked around our apartment complex to find the perfect location to start shooting. This was so unplanned, but it turned out to be some best photos that I have ever taken. Between playing in the fog and all the weird looks we got from neighbors walking their dogs in the morning, it was an awesome start to my day.

Until Next Time,
B

No comments:

Leave your two cents...